Role and purpose
The concert hall (Casals Forum) and the study centre will be the central point for all Kronberg Academy’s activities: for meetings between world-class artists and outstanding young musicians in the tuition rooms and on stage.
The Casals Forum will be the central venue where musicians and the general public will be able to enjoy exceptional, world-class musical experiences. It will host
- up to 80 public concerts a year organised by Kronberg Academy or its partners;
- rehearsal periods for orchestras in residence, which will use the facilities for rehearsal, for first performances and as the starting point for their (world) tours (including Kremerata Baltica and the Chamber Orchestra of Europe);
- public masterclasses and workshops
- concerts for children, teenagers and families;
- sound recordings, CD productions
- Symposia on the role of music and musicians in society
The study centre
The study centre will be used by Kronberg Academy throughout the year
- to provide intensive tuition and artistic training for the up to 30 young musicians studying at Kronberg Academy;
- as the site of the institution’s administrative offices;
- as a spatial extension of the chamber music hall, e.g. for rehearsals, workshop-style concerts and smaller performances;
- for a small violinmakers’ school, in which up-and-coming master craftsmen will be able to gain further training by engaging in exchanges with the artists of Kronberg Academy.