Come to Kronberg
Are you an ambitious cellist aged 28 or under?
Would you like to learn from and work with renowned cellists?
Would you like to meet other young cellists from all over the world?
What to expect
- Masterclasses with prestigious tutors
- Evening concerts
- A violin maker's exhibition
- Atmosphere of discussion, learning, discovery and inspiration
- Opportunity to perform with Stuttgart Chamber Orchestra
- Enjoyment of great music and lots of fun
The final concert by selected Masterclass students includes a short ceremony in which promotional prizes (Landgrave of Hesse Prize, Boris Pergamenschikow Stipendium and Frans Helmerson Förderpreis) are presented to students who have demonstrated special potential.
- Students aged 28 or under (born 1992 or later) may purchase either a “Masterclasses Active” or a “Masterclasses Passive” ticket.
- Applicants for active participation will be required to audition at the start of the Masterclasses and must therefore prepare two pieces/movements from different stylistic periods (Audition Repertoire list see below). Applicants will not be required to play the entire piece in the audition.
- AUDITION REPERTOIRE
Please choose two pieces/movements from different stylistic periods:
SOLO: Bach Solo Suites or every kind of Solo Pieces
CONCERTOS: Dvorak, Elgar, Haydn, Lalo, Saint-Saëns, Schumann, Tchaikovsky (Rokoko-Variations)
SONATAS FOR CELLO AND PIANO: Beethoven, Debussy, Franck, Prokofiev, Shostakovich,
Schubert (Arpeggione Sonata), Schumann (Adagio und Allegro, Fantasiestücke, 5 Stücke im Volkston)
VIRTUOSO PIECES: after consideration
- Piano accompanists will be available. A jury will decide who to admit to the Masterclasses as active participants; its decision will be final.
- Each student accepted for active participation will play in only one set of Masterclasses.
- Students who are not accepted for active participation will be registered automatically as passive participants. Both active and passive participants will be able to observe all Masterclasses and will be admitted free of charge to all concerts and other events.
- Each active participant will be given at least two classes by his/her tutor and will receive a certificate of participation at the end of the Masterclasses.
- Participants chosen by the teachers will bring the Masterclasses to a close in a concert.
- NEW: This year, Stuttgart Chamber Orchestra will join us as a guest at the Masterclasses for the first time. The orchestra is giving selected students the opportunity to perform works by Mozart in the closing concert. These students will be able to prepare one of the following works with the orchestra:
Michael Haydn: Cello Concerto in B flat major
Joseph Haydn: Cello Concerto No 1 in C major Hob. Viib:1
Joseph Haydn: Cello Concerto No 2 in D major Hob. Viib:2
Luigi Boccherini: Cello Concerto No 7 in G major G.480
Luigi Boccherini: Cello Concerto No 9 in B flat major G.482 (original version)
We will try to arrange private accommodation for students (contribution towards expenses: EUR 10 per night).
Payment should be made directly to the host family; please do not include these charges in your payment to Kronberg Academy. We will send a list of hotels and guesthouses in Kronberg on request.
Liability and copyright
Kronberg Academy is not liable for any loss of or damage to participants’ instruments.
Kronberg Academy reserves all copyright on video or audio recordings made during the Masterclasses.
phone: +49 6173 - 783376
Subject to changes.