Violin Masterclasses & Concerts
11 to 18 May 2017
Information and registration for students
Registration form (pdf)
Information for students (pdf)
Tutors: Ana Chumachenco, Miriam Fried, Boris Kuschnir and Mihaela Martin
- Active participants: 11 May 2017, 3 pm to 6 pm, Receptur, first floor, Friedrich-Ebert-Strasse 6, 61476 Kronberg
- Passive participants: 12 May 2017, 3 pm to 6 pm, Stadthalle, foyer, Heinrich-Winter-Strasse 1, 61476 Kronberg
- Students aged 28 or under (born in or after 1989) may purchase either a “Masterclasses Active” or a “Masterclasses Passive” ticket.
- Applicants for active participation will be required to audition at the start of the Masterclasses and must therefore prepare two pieces/movements from different stylistic periods:
SOLO Bach Solo Sonatas / Partitas, Paganini 24 Caprices or Every kind of Solo Pieces
CONCERTOS Beethoven, Brahms, Mendelssohn, Mozart (KV 216, 218 or 219), Sibelius, Tchaikovsky
SONATAS FOR VIOLIN AND PIANO Beethoven, Brahms (G Major, A Major, D minor), Debussy, Fauré, Franck, Grieg (C Minor), Mozart, Schubert (A Major), Schumann (A minor, D minor), Ravel, Strauss
VIRTUOSO PIECES Sarasate, Saint-Saëns, Wieniawski, Ravel (Tzigane)
Applicants will not be required to play the entire piece in the audition.
- A jury will decide who to admit to the Masterclasses as active participants; its decision will be final.
- Piano accompanists will be available.
- Each student accepted for active participation will play in only one set of Masterclasses.
- Students who are not accepted for active participation will be registered automatically as passive participants. Both active and passive participants will be able to observe all Masterclasses and will be admitted free of charge to all concerts and other events.
- Each active participant will be given at least two classes by his/her tutor and will receive a certificate of participation at the end of the Masterclasses.
- Participants chosen by the teachers will bring the Masterclasses to a close in a concert on 18 May 2017.
Application for active and passive students
Deadline for receipt of applications: 27 February 2017
Mail or fax your application together with a copy of your student card, proof of payment and a short CV with a photograph to:
Fax +49 6173 783379
Your application is only valid if accompanied by payment.
If you are applying for active participation, please pay EUR 200. If you are applying for passive participation, please pay EUR 200 by bank transfer (please enclose payment receipt) or by credit card (Mastercard or Visa). For bank transfers from a country other than Germany, EUR 5 to cover bank charges must be added to your payment. The additional charge of EUR 150 for students who are accepted for active participation is due at the beginning of the Masterclasses.
The number of participants is limited. Applications will be considered in order of receipt of payment. We will send you a short letter to confirm receipt of your application and payment. Cancellations must be made in writing. Refunds can only be made if we receive the cancellation notice at least four weeks prior to the Masterclasses. A cancellation charge of EUR 25 will be made to cover administrative expenses. Bank charges will also be deducted. There will be no refunds for no shows.
Kronberg Academy Stiftung
Bank: Taunus-Sparkasse Kronberg
Account No: 55 0127 09
Bank sort code: 512 500 00
IBAN DE 49 5125 0000 0055 0127 09
Reference: Violin Masterclasses 2017
In individual cases grants may be provided to help with travel expenses or to refund course fees, for example. Application for these grants must be made in writing and accompanied by recommendations from two teachers.
We will try to arrange private accommodation for students (contribution towards expenses: EUR 10 per night). Payment should be made directly to the host family; please do not include these charges in your payment to Kronberg Academy. We will send a list of hotels and guesthouses in Kronberg on request.
A beautiful medieval town situated 16 km north-west of Frankfurt am Main. The airport is some 20 minutes away by car. Kronberg has a direct link to Frankfurt’s main railway station (commuter train line S4, travel time: 20 minutes).
Liability and copyright
Kronberg Academy is not liable for any loss of or damage to participants’ instruments.
Kronberg reserves all copyright on video or audio recordings made during the Violin Masterclasses.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org +49 6173 783376
Subject to changes.